Some Basic information to keep you safe
Great tips to keep you, your family and your home safe and secure
- Don’t leave notes on your mailbox or doors.
- Use electric timers to maintain normal lighting even when you are away.
- Install a peephole.
- Ensure that your grass is cut while you are away.
- Never leave a spare key hidden outside. Burglars are familiar with typical hiding places.
- Have exterior lights illuminate all entrances to your home.
- For vacation, have mail and newspaper delivery stopped or have a neighbor pick them up.
- Keep shrubbery cut back far enough so your house and perimeter are visible from the street.
- Lock your doors even if you are home.
- If you valet your vehicle or leave it to be serviced, never leave your house key.
- Keep tools, ladders and trash cans locked away. Do not leave them outside.
- If you buy a new TV, stereo ETC, don’t advertise that you have it by throwing the box outside. Cut the box up and dispose of it in a trash bag.
- Do not put your home address on luggage tags. Use a business address if you must, and always use your cellular number instead of your home number.
- Never post to Twitter or Facebook that you are going to be away, and while away, do not post pictures that show that you are.
Remember, a security system should not be relied upon all on its own.